Friday 23 August 2013

Our 39th Trip - Gibraltar Farm - Silverdale

23/8/13 - 26/8/13 Gibraltar farm - Thursday night.
Our First time to Gibraltar Farm this year and there have been a few changes.
There are new stewards who ate Stickler for rules. (her words) They have a Big motor home with an awning that has lots of shop items in the awning, which is a good idea and a nice change. If you run out of something and you are too drunk to drive to the co-op, then a quick visit to the awning shop and you can grab some food or ice creams.
The stewards have relocated to the Best pitch on the site with the best view, which seems a bit strange (selfish).
It feels like we on 'Bladder watch' tm because we are quite near to the toilets, it was either here or on the sloping pitches under the trees. We are going to move in the morning To the pitch near the wall dividing the tents from the caravans so that we get a sea view. The steward said we could get first dibs, because a lot are moving off on Friday.
Friday morning.
I was up at 6.30am and made toast and coffee for myself and went for a walk to the beach,  the beach is part of Morecambe bay, which is just mud pretending to look like sand and is useless for walking on because it's so gloopy. I'm trying to photo some early morning wildlife, but only found some toad stools but nowt else. Had a go at the nearest geocache which had eluded me on the 4, yes 4 previous attempts. At last I have success and I found it. Approx 9 feet up a cliff face. The difficulty level states 2 star, they are having a laugh, I'd like to see what they classed as 3,4 or 5 star. I'm 6'2" and struggled to reach it. I bet the air ambulance get called out here on a weekly basis attending to fallen geo-cachers.
After my hour long walk it was back to the van for more coffee and now I'm sat outside my caravan so that I won't disturb the family, I'm reading my book, Jasper Fforde - the well of lost plots. Because we are located only 2 pitches from the toilets and shower block, everyone is traipsing past us in their pyjamas and onesies
(not sure how you spell that) you know what I mean, all in one fleece nightware in wacky designs like cows complete with udders and dragons with long tails. Strange. Anyway back to my book, I think I've waffled enough for now. Oh, one last thing a chicken has wandered over to me and seems to want feeding. I offered it a peanut but it only pecked at it in my hand but wouldn't take it from me. Ungrateful chicken.

Gibraltar Farm's famous sunset


Toadstools at Silverdale - best not to eat


View from the clifftop at Silverdale, no real sand, just mud


This tree thinks it's windy, but there is no wind today

Bugs on the beach at Silverdale

Stone circle near Silverdale, I've seen Wiccans dance around this, really.


Gibraltar Farm's famous cave at Silverdale

Our pitch near the toilets which are just to the right

My friendly chicken, she can sense that I'm a vegetarian and I'm not a risk to it.

My new friend - A chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment