Saturday 4 May 2013

35th trip- Woodhouse Farm near Ripon

I'm here as I write this, sat in my caravan. I've taken a few photos and will upload as soon as I get a decent Internet connection. That's got to be another blog topic. As usual I'm first up and I've put the kettle on to make a cup of tea for my wife and I. I've made crumpets with peanut butter and jam for my wife and I. I've shouted at the kids to get up because we have arranged to meet the other 3 families (our friends) that we are away with, for an early start to visit fountains abbey or maybe Brimham rocks. The lazy kids won't get up yet.
We are still trying to decide if 2 of our friends will pay to get into the national trust property at fountains abbey. We think it's going to be expensive for non members. The pitch we are on is sloping down on the right hand side of the caravan, so we have an uneven pitch. To solve this we have used a set of wooden blocks to raise it up. We did this by rehitching up the car and pulling the van onto the blocks. Very simple and very effective. We now have a level caravan.
This is one of my favourite caravan sites in
Yorkshire. I'd say this is actually in Yorkshire dales, which is James Herriot country. I have made the sandwiches ready did our day out. Simple food, such as banana and Philadelphia or Vegetable pâté and cucumber is today's choice also crisps, homemade cookies and a bottle of orange cordial. We put the goodies in individual rucksacks so that they can carry their own. When the kids were younger I would carry everything and it was always too heavy. I'm happy they are old enough to carry their own. So that's it for now, the water had run out and I need to go and refill the aquaroll.
There will be further updates when I get a chance later.
It's taking ages to publish this page because the Internet appears to be off in Yorkshire. Well maybe just where I am.
We had a lot of fun making videos and here are 2 of my favourites. Comments and +1's please.


No comments:

Post a Comment