Friday 18 February 2011

2nd trip - North View near Garstang

Our second trip in our caravan was near the end of February 2011.
2 nights at North View near Garstang.
We stayed at the back of the site in the CL section and it is a very pretty looking site and we can easily recommend this site.
The owner was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
There is a small basic play area and a basket of outdoor toys which our kids seemed to enjoy.
My wife thought the kids were playing in the bin, but it turned out to be toys and not litter.
We bought fresh locally farmed eggs from the onsite shop and had a lovely breakfast in our caravan.

In February it gets dark quite early and we arrived in the dark after a small detour.
Our Sat nav said we had arrived but we couldn't see the site so carried on driving down the narrow-ish country lane at a reasonable speed, which turned out to be too fast to be able to stop in time when I saw the entrance going zipping past on the right.  We drove a few miles looking for somewhere to turn around, but couldn't see anything because it was so very very dark, I've never know night time to be so dark!
I found a farm house which had a bit of a wide bit and thought, yep, I can do a u-turn here.
My wife got out with a torch and to check out the feasibility of making the turn and promptly shone the bright torch into my eyes and nearly blinded me, this happened several times.
A passing motorist stopped behind our caravan and asked if we needed assistance, which was nice. We said our thanks and they drove off.
I managed to do my first caravan u-turn and without damage or incident and felt rather pleased with myself.
Anyway we got back facing the correct way and located the site this time without zipping past.

A view from behind our caravan looking down the site.

North View's website


No comments:

Post a Comment